Sunday, November 23, 2014

Baby


Unlike my other two pregnancies this one really kicked my trash! I was really really sick and unable to do basic things like shower without help. My sweet mom came out to help me for about a week, I'm so thankful she did because I actually ended up in the emergency room 2 days after she got here. I was so dehydrated from vomiting and not getting enough fluids. Thankfully after some fluids and some zofran I felt much better. But I still to this day get nauseous. Gavin was in Heaven having grandma here, she is way more fun than me


Things about being pregnant for the third time

I showed way way way early, I thought I showed early with Olivia, nope! I look 40 weeks at 23 :)

I thought I'd feel the baby earlier but I felt kicks later than my other two

I constantly forget I'm pregnant and lay on my belly, until I feel really uncomfortable and remember there is a baby in there

I could have waited till the baby was born to find out the sex, but I think Chase would have gone crazy

We didn't tell Gavin right away, we waited about three weeks after we found out. Just to be safe

Once we told Gavin he was going to be a big brother again he was so excited! he wanted to know what the baby was right away. Waiting for the big ultrasound was hard for that little guy. But in the meantime he nicknamed the baby "Mater" as in the rusty tow truck from Cars. 


Once the anatomy scan came I was pretty excited to find out the sex. We left Gavin with a friend and took little Olivia with us. It is always so neat to see this baby wiggling inside of you. We really wanted to find out the sex with Gavin, so we asked the tech to write it down for us and put it in an envelope. It was a little tricky to not look at the baby and figure out what it was, she kept telling us to look away when she was looking down there. At one point I thought I saw boy bits and then she said we were looking at the brain haha! We taught Gavin how to spell Boy and Girl so that he could read the note to us...



We all kind of knew we'd have another girl, we are all a little scared because Olivia has been a little DRAMATIC haha, but we really are thrilled and overjoyed to have her join our family. Most of the time I worry and stress and wonder how I will possibly be able to handle another baby especially with Olivia being a baby herself but I know I'll get thru it and I'll have to let some things go. Like not having a clean house all the time or piles of laundry or having my children watch hours of TV. I'll do anything to survive that first year

Now to figure out a name!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! What fun finding out about your third baby :)

    ReplyDelete