Monday, March 24, 2014

Baby Blessing

Since Olivia was born it feels like our lives have been a little hectic, getting used to a brand new baby and a needy toddler has not been an easy task for me. But I wouldn't trade it for the world! I realize that these kiddos will only need their mama for a very short time and I want to soak it all in while I can!

We were so lucky to have Gavin and Olivia's "Poppa" (Chase's dad) and uncle Lee come out and visit us in february. So we took advantage of having family in town and blessed our little Olivia. I kept joking that they came to watch the Duke VS Syracuse game and not really for her blessing, either way it was a really big treat for all of us especially Gavin. He still asks for them pretty much everyday.

Backtrack to when my mom was here I asked her to bring some fabric from my wedding dress to make a blessing dress for Olivia. She is so talented she didn't need a pattern, she pretty much just asked me what I wanted it to look like and made it perfectly!

I'm so glad my mom got to be part of Olivia's special day even though she wasn't here. Our little girl looked so precious and she slept through the entire thing. I was scared she would scream and I wouldn't be able to hear anything. We sure do love her and we are so happy she is part of our family!








2 comments:

  1. What an adorable little family! I'm glad that Mel and Lee got to come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I didn't know Olivia's dress was from your wedding dress... how awesome!

    ReplyDelete